Thursday, May 20, 1999

Us

Upon the dull and dripping
Dark street corners of life
I stood.
Stood…but all alone.
I was waiting for a sign….
The sign of my existence.
A signal to the naissance of
Love.
‘Tis the only circumstance of life
That makes it truly alive.
‘ Twas but an empty dream.
Black void of solitude
Beckoning to my being,
Flooding my luminance,
Reducing me to a shred of nothingness.
Long years of my life I spent here;
The promising naïveté of childhood,
The mystical rhythm of youth,
The poignant growth of maturity,
Drowned out by a realm of the non-entity.
Dull thud of approaching humanity
Broke me free from my reverie.
I looked up to see nothing but
The piercing gaze of a stranger.
I questioned his presence and
He replied,” I am the you,
You have been looking for
All your life!”
I heard nothing but
The words he spoke.
The lilt that drowned out
Sounds of the turbulent past
And screeching posterity.
He spoke not to me,
But to the infinite yearnings
Inside of me.
His touch that made me tremble
Not of its passion,
But of its warmth.
His lips soothed
Those frayed nerves of
The shivering sliver of my being.
Reality was all but forgotten.
Infinity reached out to him.
Pulling him back into her arms.
We were stranded in the midst
Of a time warp.
I had lost him to infinity.
But his presence shall remain,
For he transformed the
Nebulous part of me.
He made my sole possession,
The I into an ‘us’.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home