Monday, November 20, 2000

Cry Against Insanity

The stark stillness of night,
Stirring me into existence,
The warm breath of life
On my pallid face,
The tender bliss of oblivion
Gnawing into my being,
The flimsy façade of ambiguity
Threatening to fade away….

Left to confront vicious repugnance,
I stand bare, clothed with nothing
But the virtue of my conviction.
I feel the firm resolve of faith
Slowly burning into dust,
The dreaded incuse of hatred,
Tearing into my reason …...

As my soul sounds its death knell,
I hear my vanquished voice
Cry out in anguish,
“Heed my words,
O inexplicable expanse of humanity.
Listen to the silent
Throb of your conscience,
That is drowned out
Not by the senseless
Clamour of your voice,
But the stifling negation of thought.
The innumerable factions of your being
Is but one huge rhetoric.
You shudder to stand as I have,
Intimidated by the solitude of unity.
I stood by the broken glass,
To mend my shattered dreams;
I looked at the falling rain,
Willing to melt away into nothingness.
Sorrow is but an illusion,
That tarnishes the beauty of existence.
You whisper agonized,
Against the delusional hand of fate,
Blinding you to the hand
That stifles you….
‘Tis none but your own.
I strive for anonymity
In the midst of madness.
I seek not to be sane,
But to preserve my sanity.
I seek not to be heard,
But to speak incorrigibly.
Taint me not with the
Fire of hypocrisy,
That is scorching your soul.
This is not a plea,
But a cry against insanity
Make me not you,
For I wish to be me….”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home