Saturday, June 30, 2001

Smile

Death greeted the fabled night sky,
As the world awakened
To the sensuous images of morn;
The vivid clarity of a raging fire
Shone on the bland paleness,
Enlivening every minute speck
That could yet be seen
By the discerning eye.
No lute, nor lone nightingale
With a melody of infinite sweetness,
Nor the promising mirage of happiness,
Hath ever done so much
To startle the world
On its divine fall from grace.

The burning embers slowly die down,
Pulling me into the void of obscurity;
One infinitesimal speck still glows
Lighting the mystical halo
Around your honeyed lips.

The refreshing naïveté
Of the first breath,
The virginal purity
Of a fresh dewdrop,
The hackneyed beauty
Of the fading sunset,
Infused together.

Life in motion,
Startlingly still;
Brilliant blue skies,
Cloudless and clear;
Ocherous bare fields,
Ravaged by indolence.

I watch
As the world walks by,
Apathy shrouding
Every drop of emotion
My heart strains to feel.
I look not for salvation,
But an engulfing solitude,
Lest we become
Faces in the crowd.

Twilight is falling
And I hear a silent voice
Call out to me.
I turn around to face
The dark figure that
Touches me with eerie warmth.
Fading light of the blood-red sky
Throws itself onto the black mass,
Slowly bringing it to life.
The sonorous din that
Drowned my psyche
Retreats into the dead midst of morn.

I found your reality;
An alternate realm
That shocks my senses,
Moves me to tears,
And warms me
With iced detachment.

I sought solitude,
Found salvation
In your eerie warmth.
Now I seek
A speck of joy
In your infinite depths,
A smattering of passion,
And the vibrant redolence
Of your sparkling smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home