Life in Chorus
If I could paint your eyes with my fingertips,
I would.
In between dusk and dusty darkness,
I saw your face again—
Haunting.
I laid you to rest long years ago,
Placed a wreath on your memory.
And yet as other loves walk me by
Your whisper, your shadows
Cling at my senses,
Awaken my numb insides,
Enliven passions.
I love you.
It quite as simple as all that.
I love you.
I love you without knowing
How, or why, or when.
I love with madness,
I love with indifference,
I love, quietly desperate,
I love with rapidly growing urgency.
I love you,
Even when I do not believe in love.
I love you,
Hating the sound of the line.
I love you,
Not swayed by emotion;
I love you,
Not held back by common sense.
I love you,
Wanting to be yours
For an endless minute,
Or fleeting eternity.
I love you,
Hoping you would kiss me again.
I love you,
Wishing you would love me
For the first time.
I love you,
Not knowing rhyme or reason,
Or day or night or dusk or dawn.
I love you,
In dreams and entire wakefulness.
I love you,
In tears, in solitude.
I love you
In the midst of chaos.
I love you,
Not wanting to love.
I love you,
Not trusting in sunshine and happiness.
I love you,
With a mind caught against itself.
I love you,
With a body caught beyond itself.
I love you,
Great power and destiny in the way.
I love you,
Nonsense rhyme and poetry by my side.
I love you,
Complete, unconditional.
I loved you then;
You left.
I love you now;
I will love you tomorrow.
You just left yesterday.
I would.
In between dusk and dusty darkness,
I saw your face again—
Haunting.
I laid you to rest long years ago,
Placed a wreath on your memory.
And yet as other loves walk me by
Your whisper, your shadows
Cling at my senses,
Awaken my numb insides,
Enliven passions.
I love you.
It quite as simple as all that.
I love you.
I love you without knowing
How, or why, or when.
I love with madness,
I love with indifference,
I love, quietly desperate,
I love with rapidly growing urgency.
I love you,
Even when I do not believe in love.
I love you,
Hating the sound of the line.
I love you,
Not swayed by emotion;
I love you,
Not held back by common sense.
I love you,
Wanting to be yours
For an endless minute,
Or fleeting eternity.
I love you,
Hoping you would kiss me again.
I love you,
Wishing you would love me
For the first time.
I love you,
Not knowing rhyme or reason,
Or day or night or dusk or dawn.
I love you,
In dreams and entire wakefulness.
I love you,
In tears, in solitude.
I love you
In the midst of chaos.
I love you,
Not wanting to love.
I love you,
Not trusting in sunshine and happiness.
I love you,
With a mind caught against itself.
I love you,
With a body caught beyond itself.
I love you,
Great power and destiny in the way.
I love you,
Nonsense rhyme and poetry by my side.
I love you,
Complete, unconditional.
I loved you then;
You left.
I love you now;
I will love you tomorrow.
You just left yesterday.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home