Last Ode unto Time
Cold waters of spring
Rushed past
My windowpane;
I hear the laughter
And the din
Of a thousand voices,
Enlivening eternity
In my head.
Pale—
Stricken with
The images of a
Frightening morrow,
I recoil violently
Into the shadows;
Looking for
A shard
Of insanity,
My mind ceases
To be.
Reason
I seek,
In isolation,
Reason—
Divorced from
The fleeting tones of
An absolute reality,
Bound to
To the parameters
Of space,
Merging
Passion abound, with
Insidious time.
Time…
A vicious circle
Of recurrences;
A line,
The genesis
Of positive negations,
And a bright
Searing darkness.
Slipping away
From the warmth,
I tread fervently
To the heights
Of idealism.
Should I walk
Back to mediocrity
With caution;
Or jump
With reckless abandon,
Thrive in the radiance,
Fall down irrevocably,
And truly live
But once.
Rushed past
My windowpane;
I hear the laughter
And the din
Of a thousand voices,
Enlivening eternity
In my head.
Pale—
Stricken with
The images of a
Frightening morrow,
I recoil violently
Into the shadows;
Looking for
A shard
Of insanity,
My mind ceases
To be.
Reason
I seek,
In isolation,
Reason—
Divorced from
The fleeting tones of
An absolute reality,
Bound to
To the parameters
Of space,
Merging
Passion abound, with
Insidious time.
Time…
A vicious circle
Of recurrences;
A line,
The genesis
Of positive negations,
And a bright
Searing darkness.
Slipping away
From the warmth,
I tread fervently
To the heights
Of idealism.
Should I walk
Back to mediocrity
With caution;
Or jump
With reckless abandon,
Thrive in the radiance,
Fall down irrevocably,
And truly live
But once.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home