Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Plain No-Love Song

A simple love
Song,
A poem
Of infinite melody-
No rhyme or reason,
Or deep
Momentous fallacy;
Just you
Me,
A worn guitar string,
And songs minor D.

Where,
How do we
Make this life.

Behind that
River,
Beyond the sky
On the wet water
Sand,
Just you
And I.

I do not have the other
Half happiness,
My real love
Waits me by.
He does.

How then
Do I hear
You,
Sighing long
Into the night;
How do I
Feel
The breath
Of laughter
Twelve seconds
Later,
When you're gone.

And yet-
How
Do I sense
Your embrace,
Pulling me
Back to your life;
How do I
Wait and watch,
As strange lovers
Pass my side;
How still do I
Feel
Your ardour
Pushing
Mercury in
My veins;
How again
Do I feel your
Lips,
Coining butter,
And cold
Wet hands
Prying warmth
Into me;
Why
Why can't I
Taste chocolate
Without
Feeling you in me.

I do not love you,
How could I
Love me so much.
I cannot,
Should not
Love.

And yet
I wonder-
How do we
Talk in silence,
Cry tears
For all the moments
Gone by,
How do I not love you
Madly,
Even more
Three worlds apart.

How,
How can I
Live in silence,
When every
Light second
You make
Love
To my mind.

Still
I do not
Love you.

I still
Cannot love
But you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home