CITY
Knew her as a stranger
Strange stranger woman:
Pulled me in
Drew me out
Wound around me.
She all but lives
Now
Shuttered holes and
Unsigned factions
Seeking refuge
In a myth.
R.I.P
COMPOUND WALL
Spartans=Barbarians
Me=World
House=Street
Life=Life
WINDOW GRILL
Architectural hypocrisy—propagating myth—flimsy veil manifested as a flimsier, almost redundant, architectural symbol.
VASTU
My life in fast-forward looks like the blissful existence of a research scholar. I’ve rotated my table to 383.0097 degrees north of my infernal fire corner. Life looks all set; my proposal should win accolades.
TECHNOLOGY
Village crier: loud, brash, uninvited, omnipresent.
Television—
Life: Measured in soap opera capsules. Yin and Yang got married, honeymooned in Shimla, had an accident, survived miraculously, had a child with three arms, won the lottery, flew to the moon, bought a 400-year old Maharaja’s palace, 5 hectares of paddy fields, even a cute little cloned cobra. 687 minutes of prime programming time. 687 minutes: 1 month and 3 days of my life. What did I do—invented a way to heat coffee with just my breath. Wonder what Yin and Yang would think of that.
Personal ambition: Travel. I beat Verne. Took me just 67 days to go around the world on a beanbag. But for the annoying infomercials on National Geographic, I had a very pleasant trip.
Family time: 65 phone calls and two hours of plastic smiles. Studio lights might make me pass out any moment. Suddenly I hear a voice, “Oye, Putt-ttarrrr!” DAD! Haven’t seen him for 5 whole years. Reunion. We should do this more often. Next time mum can call in as well. Bliss!
Mobile phones—
Neighbour: The thing that texts me my dose of “knock-knock” jokes every morning. We’re very close. I see him for a whole 58 seconds every full-moon night. Ah, the joys of companionship!
Time: precise interval between two successive beeps on my mobile phone.
Future: Beeps, more cyber-loving, fantastic social life, invigorating travel, some more eye-wrenching episodes of Yin and Yang’s illustrious life. Need I ask for more!
Knew her as a stranger
Strange stranger woman:
Pulled me in
Drew me out
Wound around me.
She all but lives
Now
Shuttered holes and
Unsigned factions
Seeking refuge
In a myth.
R.I.P
COMPOUND WALL
Spartans=Barbarians
Me=World
House=Street
Life=Life
WINDOW GRILL
Architectural hypocrisy—propagating myth—flimsy veil manifested as a flimsier, almost redundant, architectural symbol.
VASTU
My life in fast-forward looks like the blissful existence of a research scholar. I’ve rotated my table to 383.0097 degrees north of my infernal fire corner. Life looks all set; my proposal should win accolades.
TECHNOLOGY
Village crier: loud, brash, uninvited, omnipresent.
Television—
Life: Measured in soap opera capsules. Yin and Yang got married, honeymooned in Shimla, had an accident, survived miraculously, had a child with three arms, won the lottery, flew to the moon, bought a 400-year old Maharaja’s palace, 5 hectares of paddy fields, even a cute little cloned cobra. 687 minutes of prime programming time. 687 minutes: 1 month and 3 days of my life. What did I do—invented a way to heat coffee with just my breath. Wonder what Yin and Yang would think of that.
Personal ambition: Travel. I beat Verne. Took me just 67 days to go around the world on a beanbag. But for the annoying infomercials on National Geographic, I had a very pleasant trip.
Family time: 65 phone calls and two hours of plastic smiles. Studio lights might make me pass out any moment. Suddenly I hear a voice, “Oye, Putt-ttarrrr!” DAD! Haven’t seen him for 5 whole years. Reunion. We should do this more often. Next time mum can call in as well. Bliss!
Mobile phones—
Neighbour: The thing that texts me my dose of “knock-knock” jokes every morning. We’re very close. I see him for a whole 58 seconds every full-moon night. Ah, the joys of companionship!
Time: precise interval between two successive beeps on my mobile phone.
Future: Beeps, more cyber-loving, fantastic social life, invigorating travel, some more eye-wrenching episodes of Yin and Yang’s illustrious life. Need I ask for more!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home