Destiny's Child
As I lay huddled in a corner,
Breathless and cold,
The mirage of happiness
Flashes past my eyes;
My hands reach out
To touch the ethereal fantasy,
And it shatters into
Tiny slivers of agony,
Each of them
Piercing thro' my
Wounded soul.
I hear the senseless din
All around me,
Threatening to pull me down
Into its dark rifts.
Searching for a
Promise of reassurance.
I look into the eyes
Of my soul friend-
My life long companion.
But all I see is the
Cold blank stare of a stranger;
The eyes that had once been
Filled with tenderness,
That had cried thro' my tears,
Looked back at me
Sans love, Sans everything.
Destiny that had seemed so futile,
Lurked around as my only hope;
I glanced up into the
Dark night sky,
Willing to fly away into
My surreal universe...
The radiant glow of the moonlight
Enshrouded the starkly pale meadows,
Filling me with visions of you.
The silence
Whistled thro' the willows
Bringing back to me
Dreams of a dream.
The balmy wind
Brought back to me
Fragrance of a new dawn,
Intoxicating my senses,
Reaching out to me
With a warm caress.
Lone bystanders,
You and I...
We watched as
The sea made love to the sand,
The sky made love to the stars
Love made love to hate
As you make love to me.
Your lips on mine,
Together evoking the
Sweet symphony of Fate.
Destiny, it seems,
Favoured our chance meeting,
And now I am yours...
Your Destiny's Child.
Breathless and cold,
The mirage of happiness
Flashes past my eyes;
My hands reach out
To touch the ethereal fantasy,
And it shatters into
Tiny slivers of agony,
Each of them
Piercing thro' my
Wounded soul.
I hear the senseless din
All around me,
Threatening to pull me down
Into its dark rifts.
Searching for a
Promise of reassurance.
I look into the eyes
Of my soul friend-
My life long companion.
But all I see is the
Cold blank stare of a stranger;
The eyes that had once been
Filled with tenderness,
That had cried thro' my tears,
Looked back at me
Sans love, Sans everything.
Destiny that had seemed so futile,
Lurked around as my only hope;
I glanced up into the
Dark night sky,
Willing to fly away into
My surreal universe...
The radiant glow of the moonlight
Enshrouded the starkly pale meadows,
Filling me with visions of you.
The silence
Whistled thro' the willows
Bringing back to me
Dreams of a dream.
The balmy wind
Brought back to me
Fragrance of a new dawn,
Intoxicating my senses,
Reaching out to me
With a warm caress.
Lone bystanders,
You and I...
We watched as
The sea made love to the sand,
The sky made love to the stars
Love made love to hate
As you make love to me.
Your lips on mine,
Together evoking the
Sweet symphony of Fate.
Destiny, it seems,
Favoured our chance meeting,
And now I am yours...
Your Destiny's Child.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home