Why You
Look—
Darkness.
All I can see.
The tide has all
But ebbed away.
The sweet drop of
Laughter lingers on.
Listen to me-
I’m screaming out
Into the darkness.
Listen,
For I will
Never talk again.
I am not
The person
I was.
I can only
Dream of her.
Dead.
Inside me
Is all the pain-
That which I
Cannot feel anymore.
Numb, and intrusive
The familiarity
Of attachment
Beckons.
I yell,
Run a mile,
And look back
At the void;
I only see
You staring back,
With a smile
Tugging at the
Corners of eternity.
You tell me
Time is an illusion,
Space should
Never be denied.
I believed you.
For all the time
I fell in
Love with a mirage,
I could have
Been you.
I wonder-
Was it ever
Real.
The tears have
Stopped.
I have not
Cried since.
The final touch,
The last kiss,
The sinful
Caress,
Did you
Know then.
Never tell me,
For my words
Have stopped forever.
I tried,
Passion left me,
And so did
My senses.
I do not
Think of you.
You are but
A memory.
Yet I know,
You
Will always
Be you.
Darkness.
All I can see.
The tide has all
But ebbed away.
The sweet drop of
Laughter lingers on.
Listen to me-
I’m screaming out
Into the darkness.
Listen,
For I will
Never talk again.
I am not
The person
I was.
I can only
Dream of her.
Dead.
Inside me
Is all the pain-
That which I
Cannot feel anymore.
Numb, and intrusive
The familiarity
Of attachment
Beckons.
I yell,
Run a mile,
And look back
At the void;
I only see
You staring back,
With a smile
Tugging at the
Corners of eternity.
You tell me
Time is an illusion,
Space should
Never be denied.
I believed you.
For all the time
I fell in
Love with a mirage,
I could have
Been you.
I wonder-
Was it ever
Real.
The tears have
Stopped.
I have not
Cried since.
The final touch,
The last kiss,
The sinful
Caress,
Did you
Know then.
Never tell me,
For my words
Have stopped forever.
I tried,
Passion left me,
And so did
My senses.
I do not
Think of you.
You are but
A memory.
Yet I know,
You
Will always
Be you.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home